Monday, June 1, 2009

A weekend of Riding.

Thursday 28May09

Miles Ridden: 6

I took the kids to Legacy park for the evening.











Friday 29May09

Miles Ridden 20

Friday was to be a short workday for me. The day started out nicely with a the ride in. I stopped and watch a family of ducks swim in the creek.


Once again I stopped and took advantage of the doughnut shop



The plan was to leave around 12:30, however I left closer to 2:30 due to Production issues.

I followed another cyclist for a couple of mile on the way home. Finally having a chance to pass in Roe park. Passed a group out fishing near Watts mill, and dodged trash on the sidewalk under 435 at Wornall. That was the extent of the ride back to the truck.

Saturday 30May09
Mile Ridden: 12

Saturday did not look like it would present an opportunity to ride. With a trip to Cabelas, and finishing our grocery shopping, the day was mostly shot. However, after putting the kids to bed, I decided I should add the lights to the bike and do a night ride. I chose the Legacy park route to take advantage of the open quite space. After dropping down into one of the low lying areas, and feeling the temp drop by 5 ~ 7 degrees I decided this was the perfect route.

Sunday 31May09

Miles Ridden 18.5

Decided to bike to chruch Sunday morning. Not a big deal except for the route back include a really nasty hill. Managed to climb the hill at about 6 mph. Not bad considering I am pulling close to 200 lbs of children, trailabike, and bike cart.

Sunday evening found me riding with a church member for 12 miles. Nice quite roads outside of most of the urban sprawl. Man I miss riding on country roads.

That pretty much wraps up the weekend.

No comments: