Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Riding against the breeze

01Jun09
Miles Ridden: 21

Monday morning found me meandering on the trail on the way to work. I managed to catch the lights crossing under 435 at Wornall allowing for a new high speed of 36.2 mph. But once I connected to the bike path I just let my speed drop. By the time I made it to work my "coasting" average was close to 11 mph. I did this part on purpose and partly because I just didn't have the drive to push any harder. That's ok, I'm not in a race.

Heading back after work was a different matter all together. I had a slight tail/cross wind that allowed for a constant speed above 14 mph. And anytime I was heading North, my average went up considerably. But that all changed once I hit the city streets. I have to head uphill, and in the southerly direction. The combination of these two produced a rather diminutive result. All in all I made it back to the Truck just before 6pm, after leaving the building close to 5:20pm

No comments: