Wednesday, May 27, 2009

A wet ride in.

Wed. May 27th.

Miles ridden for the day: 20.5

Left home knowing that I would be riding in the rain. I drove through rain all the way to the my parking spot. Unloaded the bike, attached and covered on the trunk bag, donned the helmet and was off. Managed to make it all the way to the Stateline/435 underpass before encountering more than a light mist. Decided to stop at one of the shelters in Leawood park to change into my rain jacket. A good decision as the remainder of the ride to work was in a steady light rain. No pictures for the morning.

Caught a nice tail wind heading home last night. I was surprised to cross paths with several other cyclist on the trail. With the rain, and cool temps, I did not expect to see others out. Climbing the path just East of Antioch I meet two cyclist. Then just after crossing under 103rd East of Metcalf I snapped this quick picture.



This was the kiddo's favorite playground on Saturday's ride.

I continued on to Roe park and was very surprised to find the park empty.





Decided to take the south trail at Mission and looped up to the connector to the tomahawk trail before heading back to Leawood park. Passed a cyclist filling water bottles at the water fountain in the park.

Finishing the ride, encountered road debris crossing under 435 at Wornall. Some idiot decided to throw out the styrofoam packaging for a ceiling fan, and it found it's way into my path. Manged to maneuver around it and make it to the truck with out further incident.

No comments: