Thursday, June 4, 2009

Errands

03Jun09

Miles Ridden: 11.5

With the cooler temps today, I decided to run some of my errands by bike. I needed to return a part that I picked up for our van to the parts store. After completing that I wanted to head down to the bike shop and price out a new bottom bracket for the 'dale. This has been something I have been looking to do for a couple of months, but have been putting off. I got quotes for two different brackets and while taking measurements, I remembered that the brakes were running on their last leg. Seems brakes are flying off the shelf, as the only available set was scavenged from a bike damaged during shipping.

I also inquired as to what the cost would be to just replace the entire crankset as my big ring has a slight bend in it. For now I will just replace the bb and move on.

After finishing up at the bike shop, I headed out to grab some vittles. Steak and Shake was calling my name. 1/2 hour later and I was heading to church for a couple of meetings. Around 9:30 I headed home and called it a day.

No comments: