Monday, June 8, 2009

Puddle dodging.

08Jun09
Mileage:20

Last night we had some storms come through the metro area. In the storms wake I found lots of puddles on the IC trail.

Just west of Wornall I caught this picture of the Indian Creek.

Normally this section offers a soothing sound, but this morning it was more of a rushing roar.



Just a short way up the path, the vines are threating to take over the East bound side of the trail.



Couple of photos rounding the bend in Leawood park.






----
The ride home was "fun" as I was going around a corner, I felt the bike was handling different. And by different, I don't mean a good different. I pulled over to the side of the trail and found I had lost a spoke. not a HUGE deal just ride carefully and take it easy. However by the time I made it back to the truck, I was down 3 additional spokes. 4 spokes in one day... not good.

Stopped by the bike shop and picked up some DT Swiss spokes and will be working on replacing the failed spokes.

Did catch some pics on the ride from work though. Enjoy.









No comments: