Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Down for the count

10Jun09
Mileage: 0

Finally got around to working on the the 'dale last night. While I was working on removing the back wheel from the frame, I noticed that the tire was showing more wear than the front. Since I was going to have the wheels off, I decided this is a good a time as any to rotate the tires. Plus I put a hole in the back wheels tube while removing the broken spokes, don't ask how.

After removing the tire and looking at the tube, I actually decided that it was time for the tube to retire. You see I had already patched it twice, and it had a slow leak. (I would loose about 10 lbs of pressure over a weeks time). So off to the storage cabinet to get another tube, and low an behold I had given my last tube away. I will have to go to the Bike store an pick up a new tube.

13Jun09
Mileage:0

Took Thursday, Friday, and Today off from biking. Our family had planned a camping trip and we are not intending to do any biking. Late Saturday afternoon, I headed over to the bike shop and picked up a tube. Took it home and installed it.

14Jun09
Mileage: 12

Took the kids on a bike ride to the park late Sunday afternoon. Enjoyed cooler temps an nice weather. On the way back home had a flat that cut my ride short. After having the wife come pick us up, went out an patched the hole.

Later in the evening, took out for a nice 8 mile ride around town and called it a night.

No comments: