Tuesday, November 3, 2009

November, here I come

Monday 11-2
Miles: 12.11
Temp Morning ~ 45
Temp Evening ~ 55
Clothing Morning: Bike shorts, windbreaker pants, wicking long sleeve shirt, t-shirt, wind breaker.
Clothing Evening: bike shorts, wicking long sleeve shirt, t-shirt. (Legs were slightly cold towards end of ride)

I took advantage of day light savings time change and did a partial commute. It was strange to have sun in the morning, and not at night. The 'dale is showing it's age as I need to do a whole drive train replace (crankset, chain, cassette.) I have extreame slippage in the middle chain ring, and if I push much in the high chain ring. that leaves the small ring. I am able to push pretty hard before things start slipping, but know to take it easy on the steep sections.

One nice change I found was that the road at Nall has been put back in. Plus I found that the trail is complete (and passable under the new bridge. This should make things much smother when riding throught the area. We'll see how long it takes before they remove all of the barakades. All in all, felt great to be back in the saddle.

No comments: